Welcome to the home of Wilton Golf Club
Wilton Golf Club is rapidly developing a reputation for the best golfing day out in the area. The 18 hole golf course is set in parkland with an abundance of trees and shrubs which also makes for a pleasant walk.
We have spaces available for new members in all categories. There is no joining fee and our rates are competitive. Go to our membership page for more details and an application form.
To proceed with your application simply contact the Club Secretary. Contact details can be found on our contact page.
View our Visitors page for details on playing and then Contact the Professional Shop on 01642 452730 to arrange your visit.
Our Latest News
INFORMATION REGARDING THE RE-OPENING OF THE COURSE ON MONDAY 29th MARCH
Please be aware that the golf course will be re-opening for play to members, from Monday 29th March. You must book a tee off time in order to play. Please telephone the professional shop on 01642 452730 to book. You will be able to contact the shop from 8.30am on Sunday 28th March. You can only book one day in advance. Our full list of guidelines for our return to golf are listed below.
WILTON GOLF CLUB
UPDATED GUIDELINES FOR MEMBERS AND VISITORS (29/3/21)
- All golfers must ensure that they book a tee off time. To book you must ring the professional shop on 01642 452730.
- You may only book one day in advance and you can only book one tee slot for up to 4 people (the only exception to these rules will be Saturday competition days). The phone lines will be open from 8.30am.
- Tee off times will run from 7.30am until 6.00pm and will be at 10 minute intervals (there will be 8 minute intervals on a Saturday). After 6.00pm, members only, will still be allowed to play but to maintain social distancing they must not approach the 1st tee until it is clear and must not tee off until the 1st green is clear. All golfers must start on the 1st
- Flagsticks will be in the holes and must not be touched or removed. We have modified the cups so that you are able to remove your ball without touching the flag.
- Rakes have been removed from the bunkers so please smooth the sand over with your shoe or club after use. Placing within 6” is to be used within the bunkers.
- Ball washers, seed boxes, ball chutes etc must not be used and will be made inaccessible.
- Men play from the yellow tees (unless it is a competition), Ladies from the reds.
- The nets will be open, but you must use your own golf balls.
- The practice area will be open, the only restriction now is that you must mark your golf balls so that you can clearly identify which are yours and you must only retrieve your own golf balls. You must also park in the golf club car park if you are using the practice area – anyone who fails do this will be banned from using it for 2 weeks.
LOCKER ROOMS AND PRO SHOP
- The locker rooms and professional shop will not be open for use until 12th The toilet facilities will be open, but face coverings must be worn inside. You must not use the locker rooms areas for any reason. Shoes must be changed in the car park.
- The professional shop will be manned to take tee bookings and for general enquiries, but golfers must not enter the building.
- Golfers must be aware that they should not be congregating in groups of more than 6 people and they should always maintain social distance.
WILTON GOLF CLUB
UPDATED GUIDELINES FOR COMPETITIONS (29/3/21)
- The tee-off slots on a Saturday (for the competition) between 7.30am and 2.10pm will be in 8 minute intervals, to allow more capacity at peak times.
- To book your time for a Saturday please contact the professional shop on 01642 452730. You can book for the Saturday competitions from 8.30am on the Thursday before.
- One person may put down up to 3 names (for a singles) or 4 names (for a pairs) competition.
- We are asking all competitors (if they already have not) to pay £20.00, to create a competition fee balance. Your future competition fees will be deducted from this balance and you may be asked to top it up in due course. The purpose of this is to reduce the number of transactions at this current time. You may pay this either by notes or a contactless card transaction in the shop.
- Cards will be given out in the shop, there will be no exchanging of cards or counter signing, you will be given your playing partner’s card to mark.
- After you have finished you need to report to the Professional Shop where you will read out the scores on the card that you have marked and they will be entered into the computer on your behalf.
- This season the midweek competition will be held on a Thursday. It will be a full handicap stableford from the white tees.
- Payment will be taken from your pre-paid competition fee balance, if you are only intending on playing on a Thursday and not Saturday’s then you are only required to initially pay £10.00 into your competition fee balance. The actual fee for the Thursday competition will £2.00.
- Any member who wishes to play in the competition after 6.00pm must contact the shop to inform them of their intentions.
- During shop hours, cards must be returned to the shop and we will ask you to read out your scores so that they can be entered into the computer on your behalf. Anyone finishing after the shop is closed must put their scorecard into the box in the clubhouse where they will be collected the following day.
FOR THE FIRST TWO SATURDAY’S (3RD & 10TH APRIL) GOLFERS WILL NOT BE ALLOWED INSIDE THE PRO SHOP. TO ENABLE US TO RUN A COMPETITION WE WILL BE PLAYING A 4 MAN TEXAS SCRAMBLE AND A 3 MAN TEAM. ONE PERSON FROM EACH TEAM WILL NEED TO COLLECT THE TEAM SCORECARD FROM THE SHOP ENTRANCE AND THEY WILL DEPOSIT THE CARD IN THE BOX AT THE ENTRANCE AFTER COMPLETION OF THE ROUND. PAYMENT FOR THE COMPETITION WILL BE TAKEN FROM YOUR PREPAID BALANCE. ANY NEGATIVE BALANCES CAN BE RECTIFIED ONCE WE OPEN PROPERLY ON 12th APRIL.
State of The Course
Click here to find out whether Wilton Golf Club is open today.
The site is updated daily following a morning inspection, and then later in the day if any circumstances change.