Welcome to the home of Wilton Golf Club
Wilton Golf Club is rapidly developing a reputation for the best golfing day out in the area. The 18 hole golf course is set in parkland with an abundance of trees and shrubs which also makes for a pleasant walk.
We have spaces available for new members in all categories. There is no joining fee and our rates are competitive. Go to our membership page for more details and an application form.
To proceed with your application simply contact the Club Secretary. Contact details can be found on our contact page.
View our Visitors page for details on playing and then Contact the Professional Shop on 01642 452730 to arrange your visit.
Our Latest News
UPDATED GUIDELINES FOR MEMBERS AND VISITORS (16/6/20)
- All members/visitors must book a tee-off time, to book your time please contact the professional shop on 01642 452730. Bookings will only be taken as early as one day in advance and you can ring up and book from 8.15am. (there is an exception for the Saturday competition, please refer to the competition guidelines)
- Tee off times run from 7.30am til 6.00pm. Everyone must start from the first hole. After 6.00pm you may still play but you must ensure that you do not proceed to the first tee until it is clear and you do not tee off until the first green is clear, this is to maintain an effective gap between groups. Visitors are not permitted after 6.00pm.
- All visitors must report to the professional shop. The green fees are £24.00 for a non-introduced visitor and £16.00 for an introduced (playing with a member) visitor. Payments for visitors will only be taken via contactless card.
- You are permitted to play in any group up to 4 people. We ask that you adhere to the government guidelines and adhere to all of the rules regarding social distancing.
- The locker rooms will be re-opening for use from 20/6/20, in order to maintain social distance, there should only be two people in at any one time. There will be cleaning items provided so that members can feel safe in using these facilities.
- The locker rooms and toilets will be open from 7.00am until the car park is clear of any golfers.
- The toilets should only be used by a maximum of 2 people at any one time and parts of the area will be closed off to ensure social distancing.
- Flagsticks will be in the holes and must not be touched or removed. We have modified the cups so that you are able to remove your ball without touching the flag.
- Rakes have been removed from the bunkers so please smooth the sand over with your shoe or club after use.
- Ball washers, seed boxes, ball chutes etc must not be used and will be made inaccessible.
- Men play from the yellow tees (unless it is competition), Ladies from the reds.
- The nets are now open, but you must use your own golf balls.
- The practice area is now open, the only restriction now is that you must mark your golf balls so that you can clearly identify which are yours and you must only retrieve your own golf balls. You must also park in the golf club car park if you are using the practice area – anyone who fails do this will be banned from using it for 2 weeks.
UPDATED GUIDELINES FOR COMPETITIONS (16/6/20)
- The fixtures for Saturday competitions will be posted on the golf club website on a monthly basis.
- The tee-off slots on a Saturday (for the competition) between 7.30am and 2.10pm will now be in 8 minute intervals, to allow more capacity at peak times.
- To book your time for a Saturday please contact the professional shop on 01642 452730. From the week commencing 22/6/20 (for the Saturday 27/6/20) you can book for the Saturday competitions from 8.15am on the Thursday before.
- One person may put down up to 3 names (for a singles) or 4 names (for a pairs) competition.
- We are asking all competitors (if they already haven’t) to pay £20.00, to create a competition fee balance. All of your future competition fees will be deducted from this balance and you may be asked to top it up in due course. The purpose of this is to reduce the amount of transactions at this current time. You may pay this either by notes or a contactless card transaction in the shop.
- Cards will be given out in the shop, there will be no exchanging of cards or counter signing, you will be given your playing partner’s card to mark.
- After you have finished you need to report to the Professional Shop where you will read out the scores on the card that you have marked and they will be entered into the computer on your behalf.
- From Wednesday 17th June we will be starting to run the Wednesday competition. It will be a full handicap stableford from the white tees.
- Payment will be taken from your pre-paid competition fee balance, if you are only intending on playing on a Wednesday and not Saturday’s then you are only required to initially pay £10.00 into your competition fee balance. The actual fee for the Wednesday competition will £2.00.
- Any member who wishes to play in the competition after 6.00pm must contact the shop to inform them of their intentions.
During shop hours, cards must be returned to the shop and we will ask you to read out your scores so that they can be entered into the computer on your behalf. Anyone finishing after the shop is closed must put their scorecard into the box in the clubhouse where they will be collected the following day.
State of The Course
Click here to find out whether Wilton Golf Club is open today.
The site is updated daily following a morning inspection, and then later in the day if any circumstances change.